18 October 2013

Beauty | Clarins Haul

I warn you now, this is quite a long post, get a cuppa and get comfy is my suggestion!

A few weeks ago as I was walking home from university I received an email from Clarins saying I had won a £250 voucher to spend on their website! I thought at first it was a scam, but to my delight it wasn't! So I quickly went to their website and chose my many products.

Clarins isn't a brand I normally look at or buy from, but I had heard of a few products from them which I was eager to try out. This post is just to let you know what I got, I currently haven't tried anything out but when I have I'll let you know my must haves!

The first product I knew I wanted was their Beauty Flash Balm (link). This is a cult product that claims to be an instant radiance booster. I thought it was just used as a makeup base but it says it can also be used as a face mask. I'm very excited to try this to see if it lives up to the hype!


Next I bought 3 of the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 Apricot Shimmer, 03 Nude Shimmer and 05 Candy Shimmer (link). I've bought one for myself, one for my Mum and the last for my Sister. Again another product I've heard alot about, but I love lip products that are more balmy/glossy than a lipstick so this is right up my street. It says it helps to nourish, repair and protect so I hope it lives up to this.

Left - Right : 02 Apricot Shimmer, 03 Nude Shimmer, 05 Candy Shimmer

The only other makeup product I bought was the Splendors Colour Quartet and Liner Eye Palette (link). This is such a pretty neutrals palette with a champagne, a bronze, a mink and a chocolate eye shadow plus a plum liner. Swatching them quickly shows that they look fairly pigmented but I'll let you know when I properly test it out. I wanted a smaller neutrals palette to my beloved Naked palette for if I'm travelling and this could be the perfect one! It also has a fairly decent sized mirror in it as well, ideal for travel.


I've wanted to try MAC Fix Plus for ages but never got round to buying it, so I picked up the Fix' Make Up (link). This product is a refreshing long lasting mist that says it holds your makeup in place. It says that it keeps your skin matte, and as someone with oily skin I really want to put this to the test!


Next an item I actually needed - an eye makeup remover! I wear quite a lot of mascara and eye products on nights out so I thought the Instant Eye Make-Up Remover (link) would be a good one to try as it claims to remove waterproof and heavy makeup. 


Another item I needed was an eye cream. I've been using and loving the Clinique All About Eyes Serum but I've nearly ran out so thought I would try one from Clarins. I decided on the Eye Revive Beauty Flash (link). I'm assuming it's in the same line as the Beauty Flash Balm so thought it should (hopefully) be good.


I have also wanted a new clay mask so decided to try the Pure And Radiant Mask (link). This has pink clay in it which helps to purify, tighten pores and refine skin texture along with the alpine willow herb. It also says it leaves a matte finish because of natural tanaka powders. I'm very excited to try this out as any product that can mattify my skin is a must have!


Next I purchased the Blemish Control (link). These are 2 x 5ml tubes with a roller ball top to use on any blemishes. Recently my skin has been good but I think that's due to a good diet/exercise/sleep pattern whilst living at home and I find my skin always goes a bit crazy when I move back to university so I'm sure it won't be too long until I try these out!


The last product I purchased was the Lotus Face Treatment Oil (link). I was worried about this, putting an oil onto oily skin sounds disastrous, but this is formulated for oily/combination skin. Reading the reviews about this, people said it was such  lovely product even with oily skin, so I'll let you know how this goes!


Then at the time of ordering Clarins were offering a free gift if you spent over a certain amount so even more goodies! In this I got the Moisture-Rich Body Lotion (link), the Relax Bath And Shower Concentrate (link), the One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser (link), the Hand and Nail Treatment Cream (link), the HydraQuench Rich Cream (link) all in a cute drawstring bag!

Left - Right - HydraQuench Rich Cream, Moisture-Rich Body Lotion, Hand and Nail Treatment Cream, Relax Bath and Shower Concentrate, One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cream

And then I got to chose 3 miniatures! So the final 3 products are the One-Step Facial Cleanser (link), the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (link) and the Pore Minimizing Serum (link).

Left - Right - Pore Minimizing Serum, One-Step Facial Cleanser, Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

So that's the end of my very large Clarins haul, of which I'm incredibly grateful for winning!

As I try these out I'll be sure to let you know what they are like.

What products would you like to try from Clarins?

Love Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment